C.H.A.N.G.E. is a group comprised of Catholic homeschooling families living in Cobb, Cherokee, Paulding and surrounding counties. We coordinate a variety of activities throughout the year including a monthly support meeting for homeschooling mothers. The aim of our group is to provide a network of communications for community events, curriculum fairs and activities of interest to homeschooling families.
We inform the group of upcoming local events, homeschooling news primarily via the CHANGE yahoo list.
Policies for CHANGE:
- Origin – CHANGE was started by several mothers who felt a need for a Catholic homeschool support group.
- Purpose – To support, encourage, educate and socialize with other Catholic homeschool families in similar circumstances.
- Definition of group – The mission of C.H.A.N.G.E. is to support Roman Catholic families who embrace home education. This support is also extended to families whose primary educational mode may be either public or private school and who want support in supplementing the teaching of our Faith.
- As parents, we recognize that our most important responsibility is to teach our children the Truths of the Faith in union with the Pope and the Magisterium of the Church. We are parents who develop and implement learning programs based on our Faith and our children’s individual needs.
- By involving other families of C.H.A.N.G.E. in our learning process, we have the opportunity to foster a spirit of community. We encourage and support active participation in our various parish ministries to further develop our Faith.
- Our goals as a group – Support and encourage one another in Christ. Provide educational opportunities for parents and children as made possible by the talents and gifts of those within the group.
- Leadership – No one person will be expected to carry a large load. We are all interested in the education of our children and should combine our knowledge and efforts by actively volunteering when the need arises.
- Form of leadership – The leadership of the group shall be peer based – all volunteer, website maintainer is Michelle Grunkemeyer. All other activities are coordinated by volunteers who come forward as needed.
- Communication – Primary form of communication shall be the Yahoo Email List.